Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Garden, The 4th, and the Cows

The seminary on-campus apartments have garden plots for rent, so Emily and I put down our $10 and claimed this beauty. We got the plot all ready to plant and by the first week of June we had our plants in the ground.

And here is what it will look like today! We have three different types of tomato plants (sugar sweet, cherry, and fantastic), broccoli, sugar snap peas, and green beans.

Cole loves our little trips to the garden. Sometimes he gets to see some of the rabbits that try to get into the gardens.
Here is what our sugar sweet tomatoes look like right now.

Sugar snap peas!!!

Broccoli.....Cole actually likes broccoli, so this will be for him :)

I had to work most of the day on the 4th of July, but in the evening we got to spend some time as a family. We had dinner with a bunch of our friends and had a great time!
Finally, I wouldn't be a good Chick-fil-A employee if I didn't mention that last Friday was our national Cow Appreciation Day. Anyone that showed up at Chick-fil-A dressed as a cow received a FREE meal. So, the three of us went to one Chick-fil-A for breakfast and enjoyed a delicious meal.

Later we headed to my store with our friends Drew & Natalie Hill to grab some free lunch. I gotta say that even though I get to eat free Chick-fil-A every time I work, I never get sick of it.
EAT MOR CHIKIN!!!

No comments: