Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Florida and Houston Recap

While Ryan was on the man trip, I enlisted my mom to come to Clearwater one last time. I don't think that I could have made it without her. In three years, we sure accumulated a ton of stuff. My mom helped packed, took care of Cole, packed some more, took care of Cole some more....on and on. The process seemed to be never ending. A one bedroom apartment stacked with boxes quickly becomes clausterphobic but we had fun and were able to bond with each other and Cole. We also had delicious meals. Finally, Mom, Cole and I made it Houston!! Our first plane ride and we couldn't have survived that without my mom either. It served as great practice before the trip to Denver. Cole loved his first trip to Texas!! Some of my dearest and best friends had a shower to Celebrate Cole. We celebrated my dad's birthday and we celebrated my cousins being pregnant with twins. (by cousins, I mean Nathan and Karen, Ryan and I have now learned when one of you is pregnant, you both experience life a little differently) Here are lots of pics.... Amazing Decorations thanks to Cori
Aunt Alycia entertained Cole most of the shower, although I am sure she didn't mind
Right before the shower

Picture I sent to Ryan, Cole missed his daddy
Grandma and Cole
Grandpa's favorite way to hold Cole. By the way big Al was very helpful and changed Cole's diapers and helped with bath time....very impressive
Grandpa's birthday. Cole's outfit was a gift from Aunt Alycia and in honor of Grandpa's birthday!
My Best Friends Cori and Kelli with their girls Campbell and Parker. Cori's husband is a state champion Texas football coach (had to add that in, we are all so proud of him) so naturally, Campbell with the help of Parker had everyone at the shower saying, "Touchdown" and then giving the signal!! So cute

Karen, Nathan, Callie, the twins (who I am calling Tyler and Travis) Cole and me.
What a great week!



No comments: