Sunday, October 18, 2009

Baby Update & Denver Half Marathon

Just a quick update to let you all know that Emily will be induced tomorrow morning (10/19) if she does not go into labor in the next 19 hours. We will head to Sky Ridge Hospital in Highlands Ranch for a 7:15 AM appointment, so expect some good news later in the day tomorrow!!! Now, we just have to figure out a name......

Also, I woke up at 5 AM this morning to get to downtown to run the Denver 1/2 Marathon this morning. Although I had initially intended on running the full marathon, some unfortunate injuries during my training kept me from being ready to run the full. But I am still pleased with my accomplishment of finishing the 13.1 miles in 2 hours, 10 minutes, and 39 seconds, which is just under 10-minute miles. I'm not sure if my knees will ever hold up for a full marathon, but I am sure that I will give it a try at some point.

Here is the look of the exhausted runner:


Emily did a post-race interview with me:

6 comments:

Colleen said...

lol, I am laughing at your comment from the post-race interview. If I would have been asked that 2 weeks ago, I would have said the same thing. Congratulations on going through with it! We're very proud of you. Can't wait to get that phone call tomorrow!!! Love you guys and best wishes to Emily on an easy delivery tomorrow (or today).

matt said...

WAY to Go!

ST said...

So proud of you and can't wait to hear "baby girl's" name.
Emily, I can't believe you will be a mom of 2. So excited for you

Cindy Roberts said...

Ryan we are happy to see that you are having "fun" keeping fit. Best wishes to Emily for an easy delivery. Second babies are easier than the first.Can't wait to hear from you later today.
Love,Mom & Dad

Unknown said...

Props to both you and Colleen. You guys are insane.

Prayers to you and Emily today. Looking forward to hearing about "Sage".

Erik Burklin said...

Way to go, Ryan. I am proud of you for finishing. 2:10:23 is a great time. looks like the weather was nice anyway.
-Erik