Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Urine" The Splash Zone

Well, we made it through our first week of parenthood, and I must say that we are doing fairly well for ourselves. Sure, there have been late nights and I'm averaging about 4 hours a sleep a day, but I feel like we've already learned a ton about ourselves and about Cole. As much as God has used our marriage to refine us, I am certain that parenthood will be just as much as a refining tool. I'm strapped in and enjoying the new ride.

Emily and Cole are sleeping before the next of what seems like endless feedings. And I am enjoying a few quiet moments of not have urine all over me. Yes, I said urine. Cole is one of those boy babies that prefers to do most of his urinating once we've taken off his diaper. We need to get a "Splash Zone" sign and hang it up next to our changing table. Earlier today his pee cleared 3 feet (yes, I measured it), and may have gone further had the wall not been there. I have since moved the changing table further from this wall so Cole can break his record.

Speaking of Cole, here is a video of his routine when he wakes up from each slumber. It involves lots of stretching and usually some interesting noises.

2 comments:

W said...

It looks like you guys are doing great. Sleep whenever you can!! Wish I could see you guys and your cute little one.

Amanda said...

PRECIOUS - he's such a tiny little man!